God is always ready to give answer to our request whenever we called upon him in prayer but unfortunately is not all the prayer that God answers because it lack some virtue that will easily attract God’s presence and ingredient that will make it work.
Sometimes, the result to our prayer fail because our perfidious nature which God hates and he wants us to enjoy our Kingdom right anyway and anytime and in every situation.
Then, if God so desire that we enjoy our inheritance why then is the answer to our prayer stalls? This is what we are looking at in this post so that you will know why you didn’t get answer to your prayers and update your spiritual life and make amend where necessary.
1. Sin: Sin is a heavy barer between us and God thereby hindering our prayer from getting to God.“Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy , that it cannot hear; But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sin have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” Isaiah 59:1-2.Sin is a heavy barer to our prayer. God’s presence is absent where sin is present.
2. Unbelief: This is lack of confidence in God’s promises. It is doubting God and his words. When you doubt God’s promises in you, it becomes a hindrance to your prayer.Unbelief makes us not to go far in the kingdom race because, it is a faith killer.“And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I said unto you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove: and nothing shall be impossible unto you.” Matthew 17:20
3. Lack of faith in God: Faith is the substance of thing hope for and the evidence of things not yet seen. It believes in an unseen future.Faith is believing and trusting God in all things. When there is no faith in our life, we became void of divine presence.“Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I suffer you? Bring him hither to me.” Matthew 17:17.“Then saith he to Thomas; reach hither thy finger, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.”John 20:27.
4. Improper request: God expects us to present our requests properly. Many people pray in a wrong way and God hates that.“Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.” James 4:3. Be careful in what you present before God in prayer and your motive for asking.“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us” 1John 5:14. If your request is not according to the will of God, he will not hear you, he will turn his ears away from you. Be careful.
5. Unforgiveness: This is a great hindrance to prayer. Jesus said; “if you forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your heavenly Father forgive your trespasses.” Matthew 6:15.We must learn to forgive others their wrong against us before God will forgive us.“And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have aught against any; that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.” Mark 11:25.
6. Idol in our live
Ezekiel 14:3 clearly shows the negative effect of anything that comes between a person and God. It says, “Son of man, these men have set up idols in their hearts and put wicked stumbling blocks before their faces. Should I let them inquire of me at all?” God does not even want an idol worshiper to talk to Him. On the other hand, when we remove idols from our lives, we become ripe for a personal revival.
…One way to know that something in your life is an idol is to ask yourself, “Would I be willing to give this thing up if God asked me to?” Look honestly at your career, possessions, and family. If there are things you wouldn’t release to God, then they’re blocking access to Him.
In all, if you want to get answers to everything you request from God, then the above things must not be found in you, you must get rid of these menace in your life.
Remember, Jesus is the only one that can set you free. “If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed” John 8:36.
Share this post. Copyright is allowed as long as you link back to this post and make reference to it and God will surely bless you in Jesus name! Remember to Share