No farmer ever harvests his crops and leaves them on the floor to waste. No fisherman will ever toil or labour through the night to catch fishes and allow them to wriggle back in the sea. In the same way, we should labour more to nurture new converts to maturity.
In our previous topic (Read it here) we saw that establishing new converts is a concern to God. He never have intension for the souls of men and women to perish in hell, that was why He sent His only Son, Jesus to come and took the place of sinful world on and died on the cross for us even when he was without sin, Romans 5:6-7.
The things we need to do in making sure that souls are preserved are:
- There should prompt and proper follow-up. We must visit them in their homes persistently and encourage them to continue in their new found faith.
- We must take them to fellowship with the people of God.
- We must teach them personally the word of God (Acts 18:26)
- Deliberately give the Bible passages to read and go later to ask if they understand it, explain to them as well.
- Have a day in a week to pray along with them.
- Ask them if they are facing persecution or other threat and counsel them appropriately.
- Live exemplary life before them. Your life will be a model to follow through your conversation, comportment, character, etc. be a light to them.
- Give them helping hand when necessary.
- Pray secretly for them till Christ be formed in them (Galatians 4:19).
Then, what are the profits of laboring for the Kingdom of God?
There are numerous profits and there are assurances in the scripture that; “In all labour there is profit…” (Proverbs 14:23), also we are admonished and encouraged that “God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewd toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.”(Hebrews 6:10).
With these above scriptural passages, you know that whatever you for the Kingdom of God attract reward.
Some of the profits are:
1. Answers to prayer.
2. Healing and health.
3. God’s and human favour.
4. Victory over sin and life problem.
5. There is also stars in the soul-winners’ crown in heaven (Daniel 12:3)
6. You will shine gloriously in heaven and enjoy the respect of God and angel over there (1 Thessalonians 2:19), etc.
Are you born-again? If yes, then, you have the responsibilities to go and preach to souls that are dying in sin and bring them to the Lord.
Also read this post below: